Sunday, January 22, 2017

Snowy Thank You

I have another dog card for you today.  This time I used a little stamp from Rosie's Roadshow called Bentley.  Rosie's Roadshow stamps are all small and they have a quirky sense of humor that I really like!  This is one of my favorite because it looks just like our dog, Bella. It's a good stamp to build scenes around.  The tree is from a Stampin' Up set called Festival of Trees.  I used Ranger Distress inks to stamp the trees.  The colors are Pine Needles and Peeled Paint.  The frame was made using a Die-namics die from My Favorite Things called Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames.


I took some typing paper and cut 3 pieces with different wavy lines.  I used them as masks to make the snowy hills and I used a Clarity brush to apply the Night of Navy ink.  I am so in love with these brushes and the smooth soft look you get with them!!  Once I got the hills done, I used the same masks and stamped the trees.  The card seemed too flat so I stamped some more trees and added them with foam tape.


On the inside I used a stamp from the Stampin' Up set called Floral Phrases, a Die-namics die called Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX to echo the scalloped frame on the front and little Bentley again!  


Here is a picture of our Bella...isn't that stamp perfect for her?






































Thanks so much for stopping by!  Keep stamping :)
Janet

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Janet! You're right, the little dog does look like your gorgeous Bella. She looks such a happy dog too.
    Your card is a great card design. I love the white snow, green trees and then the pop of colour with the cute little dog.
    I've got some Clarity brushes but they leave streaks from the bristles, what am I doing wrong? Any advice would be gratefully received. Have a great week. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, Thanks for your kind words! Our Bella is my best friend! She is always with me and makes us laugh all the time! I'm using the Clarity brushes with dye inks. I swirl the brush on the ink pad and then I brush some ink off on a scrap paper (sometimes I do see some streaks there) then I go to my card and for the most part the ink goes on nice and smooth. I hope that helps 💕

      Delete
  2. I was the lucky recipient of this beautiful card from my beautiful and talented friend Janet! The pictures do not do it justice! Her coloring is beyond compare! Thank you Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I consider myself lucky to have received one. Beautiful, as usual. Thanks, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got one too! Love my little Bella card!!

    ReplyDelete