Thursday, January 12, 2017

Yappy Birthday

I needed a birthday card for my niece.  She loves animals so I went through my stash and found this little dog in the Furry Friends set from Avery Elle!  It looks just like my dog, Bella, so I knew my niece would like a card made with it.  I looked on Pinterest and found an adorable inspiration card made by Lindsey Bailey, you can see her card here.  I didn't have the same alphabet so I used alphabet dies from My Favorite Things.  I just looked for the link but they must be retired already.


I used Copics to color the dog, cut letters in coordinating colors and punched some little flower embellishments.  Glitter paper strips, tiny jewels and some white twine finished the card off.  






































I spiffed up the inside with some strips of decorative paper and punched flowers and added a pocket for a gift card.  The sentiment is one of my favorites.  It comes from an MFT set called Make a Wish.


My thanks again to Lindsey for the inspiration and than you for stopping by.
Keep stamping,
Janet

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Beautifully coloured little dog, it looks so furry. Lovely choice of papers and alphabet. I love the flower on the dogs ear, so cute. Your niece is sure to adore this card. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the dog looks somewhat familiar.

    ReplyDelete