Saturday, March 3, 2018

Card for Sweet Baby Girl

I like making baby cards!  They just make me happy!  A friend's daughter is having a little girl very soon and I was invited to the baby shower.  It was fun, fancy and very feminine!!  Some of the gifts were a lace teepee, a soft fluffy swan shaped rocking seat and a baby version of the little black dress...so adorable!!  Here is the card I made using the Bundle of Baby Clothes die from MFT! .  This die set has lots of little clothes and embellishments.  I cut the little dress from a flower patterned paper. I like that the 6x6 pads have smaller patterns, they work really well for baby clothes.






































I made a dotted swiss frame using one of the Stitched Mini Scallop Square STAX  and I cut the hole for the shaker with the Peek-a-Boo Circle Window both from MFT.  Make sure to do the cutting first and the embossing second!!  Don't ask why I'm telling you this!!  Inside the shaker I used the softest colored shaker items I had in my stash.  I love the little iridescent pink hearts and tiny yellow stars. I got them in an assortment from Micheals.






































I know the new mom likes pretty little girly things so I wanted the inside of the card to be pretty, too. I used the scalloped square dies again, some girly papers in pink and yellow and cute little flowery bibs.  The Bundle of Baby Clothes dies are a lot of fun to play with.  Whenever I use them, I find myself making lots of different outfits, mixing and matching different colors and patterns. The good news is I have lots of outfits ready made when I need a quick baby card!  





































Aren't the flowery bibs adorable?  I really like the sentiment, too!  It comes from the Welcome Baby stamp set from MFT.


The enamel hearts on the front and inside the card are from Doodlebug.  These are the tiny hearts. They are perfect for adding a touch of color and shine just where you need it!  There are larger ones, too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Make time for stamping every day, it's good for you!!
Janet  

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what an adorable card Janet! I love shaker cards but this is one of the cutest I've seen. Gorgeous paper choice especially for the clothes and the sentiments made me smile. The hearts are a fab finishing touch. I'm sure the parents to be loved your card and will treasure it. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debra, you write the kindest comments ever xoxo

    ReplyDelete